NEW CHANNEL! The HVAC

NEW CHANNEL! The HVAC*

Warning: channel not moderated, enter at your own risks. If you are easily offended, do not enter the HVAC. End if.

We all need to vent from time to time. Frustrations abund and even the best just want to complain sometimes, be them right or wrong or somewhere in the continuum, in hyperspace or in another dimension altogether (yep I’m a sci-fi fan).

Letting the steam out anywhere, anytime is very unfair to the people around who get to receive your dump.

Moreover, negativity is contagious. The same way one person in a bus starts yawning and everyone do too in a matter of minutes, an impromptu wine and geez party in a tense environment, with tired people, or cultural and language skills barriers (especially when they seem to have a good command of the language), and you have a bomb waiting to explode. Negativity or complaining rot the ambiance. Make people uneasy or demotivated. So let’s keep it contained.

This place is the place to vent. Complain, cuss (not that i recommand it), cry, yell, whatever suit your boat, it is the place to do it.

However take note that violence, personal atttacks, bullying, i think you get it… is not allowed. If you misuse this tool in such manner, you will be banned.

Be careful with passive-agressive behaviour and jokes that are only funny if you hold the big end of the stick. Otherwise irony is a great digestive.

If i stumble on mine fields elsewhere, i might be tempted to move the post here. This place will not be moderated (well within the limits of sanity )

Else, you have been warned. If you don’t want to see ugly or are easily offended, stay away from the HVAC. You enter this place at your own risks. End if.

**The HVAC is only opened to trust level 2 members who register to be in the Wine and Geeze Party or automatically to those who achieve trust level number 3. Since the beginning and until we reach 50 members, I have been bumping every new member to trust level 2. Trust levels are achieved through participation and the badges the system attributes for participating in a constructive manner.

hmm.. Does this mean that nobody can join this anti-steam-channel right now?

(-:

This looks to be the primary requirements for trust level 3. Not sure if these can be modified.

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced

There are 91 publicly available topics and of 40 users, 14 have already viewed 25% or more of them.
So it is not as hard as it seems. And it was a little incitative to behave good if people want the extra access (devilishely fostering good habits that make the HVAC less attractive anyway lol).

However, I have another idea. I will make it a private group and anyone with level 2 can apply. That way there is a voluntary step taken to indicate that the person assumes the risks of exposing themselves to the potentially negative energy in such channel. You can also just go and vent in a new topic without reading !

That channel is not indexed, and posts are not listed in the latest posts.

Will update when ready.

Sounds reasonable to me.

The group Wine and Geeze party has been created. just click on group on your avatar menu and join if you are level 2 and wish access.