How to find out what numerical form the OS is using?

Sounds good. I like FileMaker also, but I try to stay as independent of proprietary software as possible.

Enjoy.

1 Like

...plus you could always ask Christian @MonkeybreadSoftware wether he can provide an additional function e.g. in the System.Info component :smirk:

Thank you for the suggestion, @harvest, but I started by checking there and didn't find any function that might return that information. But let's put the question to Christian @MonkeybreadSoftware :blush:

1 Like

You didn't find it as it doesn't exist.

we have functions to parse/format with a specific locale, but no function to return locale information. I think mainly because FileMaker has something built-in: Get (SystemLocaleElements)

Thank you, @MonkeybreadSoftware, for that insight :blush:
I am still developing in FM18 since I have some customers with older setups, so I missed that Claris had added that Get function in FM19.1. On the other hand, the customer I am having problems with is running FM19, so I tested it.

Get ( SystemLocaleElements ) returned:

"Num" : 
{
	"1000s" : ",",
	"Decimal" : ".",
	"Lead0" : true
},

On a Windows 10 with the setup:

Skärmavbild 2024-01-29 kl. 07.29.05

So this solves my problem :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

A note about FM19 for Dash.
I just downloaded "FileMaker 19.2 en.docset" from
https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.com/filemaker/files/Dash/
and I found that Get (SystemLocaleElements) and Get(FileLocaleElements) are missing in that DocSet.

Sorry, but Claris doesn’t always document things in time for the release.

2 Likes

Which is weird since moving to agil development implies "instant documentation" if done as advertised ...

1 Like

LOL...I have found that Agile is a total failure in most environments for various reasons (like managers trying to pressure developers daily).

No real surprise Claris can't get Agile to work either. I don't fault them for that failure, but for not realizing Agile "isn't all that", I do. If something isn't working, drop kick-it and find processes that do.

1 Like