April 20th 2021 Apple Event

and there are areas we know nothing about:

what about using M1 in tandem or in triplets or stacked in other ways...
https://m2dc.eu/en/

Maybe the answer to more processing capacity is not more cores or more cycles but parallel computing of repeating tasks?

Good discussion that proofs that the CPU has lost its role as the defining piece of a digital workplace. Both environments/platforms come with their own capabilities and shortcomings. Both have a raison d'être in the business world.
Using a specific platform means coping with its shortcomings while benefitting from its capabilities.
If a system is secure, largely depends on the quality of administration :slightly_smiling_face:

The struggle comes with today's short update cycles which leaves users and administrators in a continuous limbo of dealing with something not compatible, something broken.

1 Like

this is a state I'd love to reach. Time to rethink basic concepts for the UI, time to rewrite outdated code, time to integrate with APIs, time to learn JS et al., time to ...

...while now just keeping pace with Apple 12-month cycles, Claris new-what-ever-period-cycles etc.

It is not only Apple that pressures the upgrade but Claris. Sometime ago I asked why? Josh Ormond (I think that's right) explained it to me and it made since. That is why I elected to replace the old 2009 late iMac i7 SSD with the new Mi Mini. In my mind it is almost disposable and cost affordable for upgrading every 2 or 3 years. And I gotta tell ya, I could be happier. This M1 mini connected to a 43" TCL 4K UHD via HDMI is fantastic! and for under a $1000. Runs great and the screen real-estate is such a benefit! Great for developing with FM and when I do my other hobby architectural drafting. How happy am I? Rumor has it that a 32" iMac is on the way, I will not even consider it...

Not enough 'o's here. IE was a piece of junk. On top of that many large corporations and governments were still running old versions of IE because their sites was custom made for IE. As we all know, HTML is not really a standard when every Web Browser maker implements it differently - this web site is best viewed in xxx. And even in 2021, there are still differences between browsers :worried:.

True, Microsoft is bad when introducing patches, but Apple is pretty good at this also. We have a tie.

Conclusion, I think about leaving Windows and MacOS. Is there a version of FileMaker running on CP/M :thinking:.