Test FileMaker Go 19 Performance

Christian, first prize for asking this most frequent question when these type of subjects crop up.

Initially I was reporting on my first impressions using the M1 MacBook Pro with FileMaker Pro - My journey on the M1

Out of interest, this led to trying FileMaker Go on the M1 MacBook as a runtime alternative, which resulted in the test causing a repeatable system error that caused the whole MacBook to spontaneously restart. Due to this, I tried the same test on my iPad and it appeared to freeze the iPad, which is when I reported the problem within the Claris Community. After this, I discovered that the iPad wasn’t freezing, it was just soooo sloooowwwwww.

Most importantly, we have a rollout of a FileMaker Go project coming up that will require the receipt of JSON by the iPad via the FMS Data API, then later FM Go will need to create a larger amount of JSON and send it back in batches to the server. This will require some performance and I currently have concerns that FileMaker Go may not be up to it. However, we’re not in a position to test the actual system until we’ve progressed further with the project.

I guess my answer to your question is that this ‘accidental’ test has made me nervous about FM Go’s performance levels, which others have already reported within this forum. I’d like to gather enough data to continue to supply to Claris and I’d like to know whether this huge performance differential is due to the iPad hardware, IOS or FileMaker Go.