Alternative to Discourse Hub

Cannot replicate that since when the edit box appear (like a card window) i cannot tap outside it. The only way is to push Cancel button or Post button (the arrow).

I searched for "filemaker" in Fig and fmSoup came up straight away.

malcolm

2 Likes

Yes sorry you are right. I searched for « fm » and « fmsoup » which was obviously not a good example.

Well, shame on me but : how to do a search with fig ?

I am unable to search for a topic in the forum and or to search a a word in a thread.

Thanks Fred. Very peculiar.

1. I’ve clicked the reply arrow

I tap the ‘Latest Topics’ list and the reply disappears

If I try to do any other replies I get this:

iPad Pro 10.5” running all the latest software

I’ve also just discovered it behaves exactly the same on new post:

I can find no way of resolving this other than swiping up to exit the app and relaunch, which resets it and loses any content.

I think I’ll revert to Discourse hub as I’ve already lost content.

Ah, maybe it’s because I’m using a bluetooth keyboard, so the on screen keyboard isn’t being displayed? Can anyone try this please?

Thanks
Andy

FWIW I tried with and without Smart Keyboard (not Bluetooth).

Must also add that we definitely have a way to go to other topic by pulling the card on the bottom (minimize) with the « handle » on the top.

And then get it back correctly by just tapping on the top of the minimized card (sorry difficult to explain).

But if i try to reply to a second post when my reply is still minimized (not posted) i get the error message you posted.

Thanks Fred

Yes, I can see that there is a way to minimize the reply, and it is visible at the bottom of the screen.

However, tapping anywhere outside of the reply seems to send it right to the bottom without any obvious way of retrieving it.

I appreciate your testing. Thank you.

Kind regards

Andy

2 Likes

I would reach out to the author by either:

I would ask how to retrieve a draft to resume from where I left off.

He seems to answer pretty quickly (based on the thread above).

Note: I have not installed or used the fig for discourse app.

I tried it on my iPad. I prefer using a browser because it shows how many unread or new posts there are. There doesn't seem to be such a functionality on fig.