Claris asking developers for feedback on communication

Maybe I was faster than Rosemary in sharing this and maybe she would have shared it if I had not already. Now we will never know. You read intent where there may not be one and draw your own conclusions from something that may amount to coincidence (even if I am sure past experiences are factored in). Maybe my own choice of wording was poor and prompted you to answer this way.

You may not feel that you got an invitation because you heard that relayed by me instead of relayed by Claris staff. I'm sorry if I robbed you of that opportunity. Some others may still see an invitation in this. Where you say you wish you got something coming "more directly" from Claris. Some other may have other preferences as I said previously (where to have those discussions, the format, the language, etc.). Impossible to please everyone as I already stated. We live in the era of social networks and information travels faster and wider as it is relayed by the members of the network than if a single source was attempting to reach every corner of the global community establishing a direct channel for each. Perhaps some would push things all the way to say they did not get an invite because they did not get a dm or it did not land in their inbox. Everyone will trace that line somewhere else and I cannot change that.

Please do not shoot the messenger.

What I do, I do in believing it is best for the benefit of the larger community we are ALL part of.

If you choose to opt out of other communication channels that is up to you. It does not mean other people should think like you do.

I am honestly very surprised to see what you wrote, more so from someone holding your chair. It screams to me something not unlike "my way or no way", not values that FM Soup promotes.

2 Likes