Claris Engage + AutoEnter + FMTraining.TV

It's a feature :wink:

3 Likes

I found it very surprising the learn from the keynote at 6:10 that Brad Freitag just now is fully understanding the on-boarding experience, so he says. He goes on to say priority one is the platform with improving the on-boarding experience first.

Forward ahead.

They’ve been talking to newer users for several months.

"Just now" is not really how I perceived it. He was already mentioning that he got familiar with the Claris Academy material when interviewed on the Fireside FileMaker podcast. His other public appereance prior to that was Claris Engage 2020. Based on that, my perception was more one of a recap of his journey as CEO since last year, what the business has been working on and what they are focused on going forward.

Improvements to the onboarding experience have been one of the key elements of their agenda. The Quick Start Experience is one item that aligns itself with that objective, and we have now been exposed to it for almost a year now if I am correct.

There were a lot of things that were great to hear about in this presentation. There were also some things I was expecting to be mentioned that did not come up. Bottom line, I am glad for what I heard, and hope they will keep giving us this type of content on a more frequent basis.

Brad was saying in addition to knowing "customer," he also has to know the product. He gave a rundown of his weekly routine and mentions that he personally completed the Claris Academy and the equivalent of Partner Training and he encourages his product team to do the same.

I looked up the Fireside interview and found it to be March 3, 2021. I'll give it a listen.

Thank you everyone for your support of Claris Engage Beyond. We need the Claris Community's feedback to develop our ongoing agenda.

Urgent update: If you registered for the Claris Executive Q&A prior to mid-day California time August 31, please re-register here >

If you attended last week's sessions live or have viewed the recordings, please let us know what you thought by completing the very short surveys:

Claris Engage Beyond Kickoff event survey >
Claris FileMaker Server for Linux survey >

5 Likes

Yes, I agree.

For anyone: If you saw the kickoff event for Claris Engage Beyond 2021, make sure to also watch this video:

4 Likes

I'm not sure I've ever heard that level of candor from FileMaker/Claris since I started using the platform. I loved this Q&A.

2 Likes

Interesting Review and Comments here: Will they blow up FileMaker? - 2021 Response to Claris Videos - YouTube

1 Like

I watched Matt Petrowsky video, he doesn't look optimistic about the future :shushing_face:.

@bobino The Claris Executive Q&A video is very interesting. Those who want to know what's coming up, you NEED to watch it. The S curve is explanatory.

Watched Matt Petrowsky's excellent video. He carefully analyses Claris' new approach to attracting new customers and younger developers. He also makes it clear that his words are to be taken as his personal view.
What I get from Matt's analysis: he welcomes the two-pronged approach with FileMaker (as we know it) and a more automated development suite (currently named 'quick start experience') for easier onboarding. He talks about the advantages and limitations of no-code environments and concludes that FileMaker, being at the low-code end of things and capable of including 'coded' elements, is an indispensable tool for more sophisticated applications, no-code suites cannot deliver.

He advocates for FileMaker receiving the necessary care and resources for remaining at the forefront of low-code (RAD) development.

This is where I'd like to join Matt Petrowsky: technical progress never stops and FileMaker needs as much care and resources as the new no-code child in town, in order to remain competitive (my personal view).

5 Likes

apparently it has been 'discussed' on YouTube below. It seams quiet/mute to me there is no "new stuff" discussion online or maybe hidden somewhere?

I found the time to listen to the hour long Fireside FileMaker podcast dated March 2, 2021. Very near the end, Brad did say he went through the Claris Academy program in November of 2020, he says β€œTo figure out what the experience is for people who are new.”