FMS18 XML custom web publishing how to activate?

Hi there,
quick question: besides turning on Web Publishing in the Admin Console of FMS18 (only switch for Web Direct) and setting Extended Privilege Set in the files to allow fmxml is there anything else to turn on?

(there is only Custom Web Publishing documentation for FMS16 available from Claris though)

Thanks!!

Hi @FileKraft

Disclaimers:

• I have not worked with FMS v18 -- only with v.17.

• Moreover, it has been many months, and my memory is rusty on this.

That said:

• I seem to recall that enabling CWP requires both a step in the Admin console, as well as a step or two in either the CLI or the Admin API

• If I am remembering correctly, I used to use the CLI, and it was straightforward once I realized I had to do so.

This screenshot seems to support my recollections:

The above screenshot was taken from this document:

FMS Admin Docs for v.17 (Decorte/Blackwell)

Finally:

I can't speak for v.18, but I would say that if things are not working by making a setting in the Admin Console alone, I would use fmsadmin help from the command line, and investigate what is there. My hope is that it has not changed much from v.17.

All the best to you & HTH,

-steve

1 Like

As Steve mentions, you do need to enable FileMaker APIs for PHP and XML in the CLI as follows:

PHP and XML web publishing settings

When you configure web publishing settings, Admin Console restarts the Web Publishing Engine. During this time, all web published databases are unavailable to web users.

Important Change web publishing settings only when the Web Publishing Engine is not being used. Web publishing clients can lose unsaved work when the Web Publishing Engine restarts.

To enable the FileMaker API for PHP, use the CLI command:

fmsadmin set cwpconfig enablephp=true

To enable the FileMaker API for XML, use the CLI command:

fmsadmin set cwpconfig enablexml=true

See Using the command line interface.

For information about using the FileMaker API for PHP and the FileMaker API for XML, see FileMaker Server Custom Web Publishing Guide.

Notes

•If you enable Custom Web Publishing, import a custom SSL certificate to use SSL data encryption when transmitting data. See Importing a custom SSL certificate.

•The FileMaker API for PHP and a supported PHP engine must be installed on the master machine for Custom Web Publishing with PHP to work. See FileMaker Server Custom Web Publishing Guide.

•The FileMaker API for XML must be enabled on the master machine for Custom Web Publishing with XML to work. See FileMaker Server Custom Web Publishing Guide.

•For information about hosting a PHP website, see Hosting websites.

2 Likes

Thank you very much Steve, very helpful as usual!

1 Like

Thank you Andy. Excellent info!