Frustrating scroll bar inconsistency in top navigation part in layouts with list view

Hello fellow FIleMakers! For the last several days I have been trying to figure out why scroll bars only sometimes extend through the top navigation part while in LIST view. This seems to be specific to Macs.

Snip20240709_2

The image above shows how sometimes the scroll bar only extends through the header and does not go through the top navigation part.

Snip20240709_3

This second image shows the exact same file open on the same machine and showing the same layout (which again is in LIST view), but when the file was open this time, the scroll bar goes all the way through the top navigation part.

This also seems to be pretty consistent behavior in Windows, as you can see here:

Snip20240710_7

The big problem I have is the way that it anchors things to the right side of the layout. You can see how the filter icon is in different positions based on whether the layout makes room for the scroll bar going through the top navigation part. When switching between this layout and others using FORM view, it creates a very distracting jump in the location of the icon.

It seems to be session specific, in that once a file is open, it sticks with whatever flavor of scroll bar coverage it began with. But from session to session, it seems totally random.

I'm running the latest OS versions (MacOS 14.5) and Windows 11, and have had this problem at least in FM 20 and 21 (as well as MacOS 14.4 and 14.6 beta 2). The layouts are really simple, too, with no hidden items or embedded calculations or anything like that.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks!

Peter Gerlings

which themes are you using?

(and can confirm all kind of weird nondeterministic behavior all over though)

Custom theme, but it's one thing I didn't test. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll look into that. Does FM look at this as a bug or a feature?

Your second picture does not look like macOS to me. Are you sure about this?

I am - the first two are MacOS 14.5, the third is Windows 11 (where so far I haven't been able to replicate this problem).