New Claris VP of Engineering

Claris announced a new VP of engineering yesterday which I missed. The guy led the development of the Bento product when he last worked at FIleMaker.

https://www.claris.com/blog/2020/claris-bolsters-executive-team-with-new-vp-of-engineering

1 Like

Does someone know more?

Like this a replacement for someone who left?
e.g. Anand Vaghela?

quote from the linked article:

"Peter replaces Frank Lu, who is retiring after more than 20 years at the company."

1 Like

Thanks. I missed that detail.

This is an old thread, but I thought I would update it with some inside info. I’m hearing that Pete is doing a great job with the engineering team. They’ve totally moved to scrum methods and he has the respect of the team by being honest and avoiding buzz-word marketingspeak.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for inside info. Any insight into specs improvements like PSoS scrip parameter / result length limitations etc.? (Recursion limit was finally attempted to get enlarged in fm>=18 ...)

I’ll ask, but my contacts are reluctant to get into very specific stuff like this because of strict Apple rules around leaks.

3 Likes

Everyone's contribution to this thread is appreciated.

We would like to underline that the fmsoup does not solicit or encourage the divulgation of sensitive or confidential information belonging to third parties. We ask that members post questions and information with discernment, for the benefit of the community and in respect of other parties.