Poll: Are you going to the Devcon

you are right, the Lisbon-Conference is announced as a small “European Devcon” with a lot more FM staff joining, so let’s hope that, even located in the very last corner of europe ( of course only from the geographical point of view ), we get a new format with more technical insight from the Claris/FM side.

Europe is not a one-language show. There is an established conference infrastructure and culture in Europe.
The withdrawal of FM engineers from European conferences is clear language. This has already frustrated outspoken European FM advocates. Who cares?

Well, to be honest, the number of conferences increased a lot over the past few years. The side effect of that is, Claris can’t pull all the engineers off of building the product.

I’m not arguing against their value, just saying, to pull engineers out of the trenches to go on the road for a few months would be detrimental to the product. It seems the language is: “We recognize the need for a consolidated conference, and to include more technical sessions, more like the US DevCon/Engage.”

I also imagine the venue and structure of the conference will change as time goes by and they see what does and does not work as well.

That’s all positive, sans the geographical concerns.

European conferences have been timed in a way that made it possible to attend them in a single round trip. This worked for more than a decade. If it is not worth sending engineers to developer conferences, so be it. Coincidentally, Claris marketing staff was able to wasting their time speaking at these conferences. I’d suggest a consolidation of marketing appearances the same way as engineering appearances.

I’m with you: we’ll see what will work.

1 Like

Wanting to do something different is what leads to PauseOnError, dotFMP, etc. So there is a win that comes from it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And this forum:+1:

6 Likes

great forum - no censorship and refreshing discussions - and lots of love and passion for the platform …

2 Likes

Yes, this forum is great!

and with a good privacy… the salesforce forum shows private names in notifications and replies by admins…

2 Likes