Unable to Load Apps to Claris FileMaker Cloud because Container settings are not Secure

Has anyone seen this error when loading to Claris FileMaker Cloud?

:stop_sign: File cannot be uploaded because a container field uses open storage; change to secure storage.

When I first tried to load the file there were several container fields that were using open storage. I changed their storage settings but I continue to be blocked by this warning. I've can verify that the containers all use secure storage by producing a DDR and querying for container field storage settings. Six container fields, all using secure storage. There are several container fields that are globals. Globals don't allow external storage, so they shouldn't interfere.

╰─>$ xpath -e '/FMPReport/File/BaseTableCatalog/BaseTable/FieldCatalog/Field[(@dataType=\'Binary\')]/Storage[(@global=\'False\')]'  PlanForward_fmp12.xml
Found 6 nodes in PlanForward_fmp12.xml:
-- NODE --
<Storage global="False" maxRepetition="1">
					<Remote type="Secure" relativeToPath="PlanForward/" relativeTo="0">
						<Secure />
					</Remote>
				</Storage>
-- NODE --
						<Secure />
					</Remote>
				</Storage>
-- NODE --
						<Secure />
					</Remote>
				</Storage>
-- NODE --
						<Secure />
					</Remote>
				</Storage>
-- NODE --
						<Secure />
					</Remote>
				</Storage>
-- NODE --
						<Secure />
					</Remote>
				</Storage>

A more explicit xpath query for binary fields that are not secure storage returns nothing.

╰─>$ xpath -e '/FMPReport/File/BaseTableCatalog/BaseTable/FieldCatalog/Field[(@dataType=\'Binary\')]/Storage/Remote[not (@type=\'Secure\')]'  PlanForward_fmp12.xml
No nodes found in PlanForward_fmp12.xml

Claris has a page for this error message ( File-cannot-be-uploaded-because-a-container-field-uses-open-storage ), but the workaround is not applicable for the file I have. The file has never crashed and there are no recovered assets.

I had this issue with FMS years ago (so apologies if not applicable and irrelevant):
Run a compressed copy then it enabled the upload.

1 Like

Save as compressed did not work in this case. Save as Clone did work.

update:
After working with Claris on this it appears as though the issue occurred because I hadn't moved the container folders with the file and this generated an error.

One remedy, (apart from moving the file properly the first time,) is to paste a file into the container fields. This auto-fixes the folder structure (you still have missing files!). It also explains what save as clone worked - without any records there are no external files to store and the missing folder structure is not important.

2 Likes