Does Claris ever listen developer feedback? And would it help if we got together and somehow presented them with the list of 4-5 OBVIOUS feature requests that *shouldn't* be too onerous to them. I'm thinking something like:

I may add that the suggestion for Data API Plugins was posted three years ago in the ideas section and made it into the product in v19.3. Made me happy!

2 Likes

Well, I really hope that this feature Data API Plugins, didn't need our input to be planned. It's an obvious one, as filemaker supports plug-in there shouldn't be any reason the sub-platform that is DATA API, shouldn't have plugin support. It's more like they're 3 years late, but that's ok.

If Christian was invited to code for 1 month in Claris HQ, we would get 50 low-hanging features that would change our lives. In the past, I could have bought the "Claris has to do much more validation testing" but that's false as demonstrated by their behavior-changing updates that broke a lot of code, without any notice.

Plus, there's zero chance to have a feature like custom excel export headers doing any harm to the platform unless FileMaker's code is just an unbelievable spaghetti mess (which by the way I think it is, due to the constant stream of unrelated unexpected bugs that we get, and the unbelievable slow pace of new features).

There's no way a listening customer company would leave 20+ years constantly asked feature such easy to implement completely unaddressed.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Does Claris ever listen developer feedback? (In construction)

The rest of the reorganization of the thread will be done tomorrow.