FileMaker upgrade requirements

Looking at FileMaker's upgrade requirements on the FileMaker site, either terms have changed since I last upgraded or FMI is having problems with logical language construction.

To wit...

FileMaker Site says: Upgrade only installs if you already own a license of FileMaker Pro 17 and 16 Advanced and FileMaker Pro 16.

But, shouldn't this read: Upgrade only installs if you already own a license of FileMaker Pro 17 OR 16 Advanced OR FileMaker Pro 16.

???

1 Like

Apply distribution law and it would read:

Upgrade only installs if you already own a license of FileMaker Pro 17 and Upgrade only installs if you already own a license of FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced and Upgrade only installs if you already own a license of FileMaker Pro 16.

1 Like

In German it states:
Upgrade wird nur installiert, wenn Sie bereits eine Lizenz von FileMaker Pro 17 oder 16 Advanced oder FileMaker Pro 16 besitzen.

The OR condition is applied in a correct manner. Changing it to UND (AND) would mean that one has to have all three licenses in order to install the upgrade.

Looks like a language glitch in the US web shop.

1 Like

Thanks. I can actually understand that German. I guess I haven't forgotten all of it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely confusing as written.

When the latest AI is demoed to the president he asks "do we have war or peace?" - the AI answers: "yes" - the president is not happy and asks back: "yes - what?" the AI answers "yes Sir".

6 Likes

Now that’s funny. :joy:

1 Like

Excellent!

2 Likes