FM 19 Teasers?

Quite a few articles on FM 19 on www.filemakertoday.com from Soliant.
But no signs of FM 19 release as yet.
Anyway interesting articles....

[Using Machine Learning Models in FileMaker Pro and Go – FileMaker – Claris Connect – Salesforce – Build DIY Business Apps]

Best regards
Kevin

2 Likes

Thank you. I am waiting for the release of FM Go 19 to test these 2 new steps.

IMHO -- If you want to learn Machine Learning, I would suggest you learn Python. Learn about Python's Scikit-learn library. It's an incredible (free) and easy-to-use library for ML. Get a good book like "Hands on Machine Learning". Take a class at LinkedIn. Jump in and write some code. Get some datasets. ML is very cool. Python is INCREDIBLE! I use ML almost every day.

Don't be intimated by those saying you need deep Linear Algebra, Statistics, and multi-variable calculus to start ML. I have all those in my background, but rarely rely on them other than for understanding what's happening in a theoretical sense.

We just integrated some ML techniques (logistic regression) from a micro-service that analyzes email tokens and determining which emails were opened and which were not -- to judge client marketing. All Java and Python. (All free. All available now and for in years past... why wait?)

2 Likes

Not sure about when you posted, but they now released the product. See: Claris launches FileMaker 19: the company's first open platform extending low-code development using readily-available JavaScript libraries.