Interactive LOG in FMS19.3

With major anticipation I am welcoming the "live"- log reintroduced as "interactive Log" in FMS19.3.

I am glad it finally reappeared in the admin console and since it had been deprecated with appearance of FMS17 (under protest) it is now back and I have been testing it out.

Here my observations: FMS19v3 running on Windows Server 2016 Pro on a VM 4 core 8GB is not updating and cannot be used for "live" log viewing due to the latency of minutes until log entries appear.

The live log feature is great to debug PSoS and FMSE stuff handled in server side execution. In FMS16 it could be observed how multi user PSoS calls performed while they were running like connection for file access are monitored and appear in an instance.

Did anyone else experience this latency?

1 Like

Since my post from "yesterday" didn't get a response ..
Now in FMS 20.3.1 I am still unable to get the "interactive log" to update.
Interactive might actually mean I am the one interacting to get updated log entries to display. By logging out from the admin-console and then starting all over which sometimes provides the log entries updating.

I thought it was just me, but, yes, the log is definitely not "live." It's obviously great to have something over nothing, but I agree it's not super helpful when you're actually trying to troubleshoot a "live" event/issue and it's not updating in real-time. I'd say that's worth a reported issue to Claris.

1 Like

great to know @DSRF and thank you for your confirmation. Has been reported without success will try again. That feature is the killer feature to debug PSoS in real time .. at least it has been in FMS16!

// I am aware Zabbix would be the real thing but additional overhead to set up ..