POLL: Scheduling our Constitutional Meeting PLEASE VOTE

Our community is 71 members strong and growing organically. It is now time to formalize things such as name, the form of entity, the funding to keep the site up.

Context
(A short note for our newest members) At the end of May 2019, I founded the site as a proof of concept, using the trial offer from Discourse. People loved it and wanted to keep it up so I got an extension of our trial from Discourse, the time to figure things out.

The Discourse platform is Open Source so it is free for us to use. What isn’t is the hosting and management of the site. While we are currently hosted by Discourse.org, nothing prevents us to host through other hosting services and Self Manage. @Malcolm has offered to be responsible of that tech aspect. We have explored various alternatives and will discuss our findings during the Meeting.

While we were doing that exploration, our trial time expired and to avoid interruptions, @Torsten covered the cost of hosting on Discourse.org for the month of July. I covered August. We need to define our long term hosting and funding strategy.

There will be 3 polls. The first one is to pick the ONE option you prefer. The second one will be to check ALL the options you would be sorta ok to attend. The last one will be to check ALL the options you really really cannot attend.

AGM24

Pick the ONE option you prefer. NOTE: Time is in 24h style. BEWARE! There are several options per day, choose the letter corresponding to the TIME you want for that day. Thank you!

• (A) Thursday, August 22
  • (B) Thursday, August 22
  • [C] Friday, August 23
  • (D) Friday, August 23
  • (E) Friday, August 23
  • (F) Friday, August 23
  • (G) Saturday, August 24
  • (H) Saturday, August 24

0 voters

Check ALL the options you would be sorta ok to attend.

• [C] Friday, August 23
  • (D) Friday, August 23
  • (E) Friday, August 23
  • (F) Friday, August 23

0 voters

Check ALL the options you really really CANNOT attend.

• [C] Friday, August 23
  • (D) Friday, August 23
  • (E) Friday, August 23
  • (F) Friday, August 23

0 voters

oops… I checked Sat as preferred - did not realize that it’s am… 6 o’clock in the morning doesn’t work…

Therefor I prefer Thu, 10pm

Noted.

1 Like

@Cecile, thank you for organising the GM. I’m quite flexible as I will not have external meetings during this 3-day period.

1 Like

Hi Cecile. I’m afraid a combination of work and personal commitments means I can’t be involved. However, our offer made previously to cover another month if necessary still stands.

Hope the meeting goes well.

1 Like

For what I am seeing so far, options C and B look the most convenient.

While I always make the polls anonymous so that people feel comfortable to express their true wants, I reckon in this case, it would have been useful intelligence to collect for future planning.

I wonder whether Brussels timezone people like to have late meetings even on weekdays or if they were outnumbered by the other regions.

I know developers tend to be night owls but when it comes to meetings, it is easier for me to start the day with something mandatory rather than committing to be awake and functional late in advance. So I would have been ok to have to be up at 5 or 6 but it does not accomodate the other timezones; plus others in EDT might have cringed.

While half of the people were “OK” to meet with Auckland after their Friday’s late evening pint (option C), only one person actually chose that as their favorite option!

Feel free to comment if you wish. I will wait until tmw pm to close the vote.

I am ok for option C, G, H . I could access at home at that time.

Sounds interesting.
FYI, my company’s primary activity is web site hosting

We will hold our meeting this Friday August 23 at 14:00 Brussels Time.

I will send the invite with the link Tomorrow once I figure out how to do mailings with this system!

1 Like

Thank you. Is there any playback if I could not attend the session?
If not, I am considering to wake up early.