Those are the options offered by the platform. Cast your vote at the bottom.
(1) Box Channels and Subchannels
(2) Box Channels and Featured topics
(3) List Channels and Latest topics
(4) List Channels and Top topics (most popular)
(5) List Channels and Featured topics (e.g. pins)
(6) List Channels
- (1) Box Channels and Subchannels
- (2) Box Channels and Featured topics
- (3) List Channels and Latest topics
- (4) List Channels and Top topics (most popular)
- (5) List Channels and Featured topics (e.g. pins)
- (6) List Channels
I like both 1 and 3. One looks cleaner and three responds better to the constant requests about the latest unread posts that the community members have expressed.
I think 4 is not advisable: questions that do not have many views risk to be buried.
I prefer the look of the box channels. If “Latest Topics” can be configured to be a box I’d use that. However, I’m basing that on the fact that I don’t anticipate coming to the forums looking for historical information. My usage pattern is more like a chat/slack/reddit. I’m only dealing with current topics.
Guys do you realize what is happening? We are talking to each other!!!
We’re not siloed!
THAT IS a community
I ‘do’ LOVE Discourse.
I went with option 1 (and I would be fine with 2), mainly because it was a simple, uncluttered visual for the opening page that still provide some info about what each ‘box’ was about. I’m okay with anything, as long as it’s in Discourse, but I was just opting for simple and uncluttered.
I will put back the channel list and last post configuration for a while so you can experience it again and let me know what you liked better