Testing MBS Data API: error 802

Hi,

I use the provided example top test the new plugin from @MonkeybreadSoftware. The FMP file has been uploaded to FMS 19 on a Mac. When I try to login I get this error

HTTP/1.1 500 FileMaker Data API Engine Error
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 20:13:34 GMT
Server: Apache
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 75

I went to the Data API log on the server and it shows error 802 (can't open file). I Googled and that seems to be related to SSL certificate ? Is that the case ? I am using the Claris Test Certificate, is that an issue ? This is an FDS test server used locally only.

Thanks

Are You speaking about the DataAPI of FMS? That does not need a special cert - I'm running all tests with the default claris cert, no problem! (but not with MBS...)

Does the user have the correct priv's for the API access?

The MBS Xojo FMAPI Plugin?

We tried it here all the time with standard FileMaker certificate and had no problems.
You can also try example database coming with MBS FileMaker Plugin.

Yes Xojo 20.4pr7. I opened the FileMakes file and found out that fmrest was not set for Admin account so I made the change. Tested again I am getting a Timeout :worried:. I checked the logs on FMS, nothing in there. I should have not bought a lottery ticket yesterday . . .

Well, the FM API is running as you may want to check in server admin page.
Then verify the database is open.
Connect to database to check permissions whether REST access is allowed.

Oh, I am so sorry. Again I acted the bug is sitting on the chair. I had an error in the IP address :weary:.

Now I get the FileMaker Data API Test window and everything seems to work fine. The Plugin is great !

2 Likes

Thank you. Please try and let us know any problems or improvement wishes.
This is a 1.0 and we just made it for helping a client.

I will try further and contact you on the at the M'BS mail address if needed.

1 Like

That bug catches me too.

Malcolm

2 Likes