Thanks to everyone who makes The Soup

As we move into the last fortnight of December I want to give my thanks to all of the people who make this web site special.

First and foremost, I want to thank all of the people who use the site, the people with questions, the people with advice, and the many more people who read and enjoy The Soup as their favourite FileMaker magazine.

Secondly, I want to thank all of the people who contribute to the financial support of The Soup. Your support enables The Soup to pay its bills and keep the website functioning. The current funding drive has two more days to go. If you would like to offer a donation, we urge you to do so, and we welcome any amount. Even small donations help a great deal.

Next, I want to recognise the ongoing work and effort put in by the moderation team. The fact that we are able to come into a safe and enjoyable online environment is a credit to @Cecile and @Bobino. Thank you both for the time, and effort, and feeling that you bring to The Soup.

I also want to thank the board members. There are four people on the board. They meet regularly to manage the business affairs of The Soup, and to plan for its future needs. Thank you @bdbd, @Torsten, @planteg, and @malcolm for your work during the past year.

It may not be apparent to many of our readers that The Soup is a business. We are a volunteer led, not-for-profit organisation. The primary reason we are established as a business is to enable us to pay for the platform and services needed for The Soup.

Our business status brings responsibilities, and the most important of them is to decide who is in charge. We will do that at the Annual General meeting (AGM) on the 15th of February 2023. @Torsten and @planteg are both going to stand aside and we are hoping to have many volunteers to take their place. If you love The Soup and want to help, send a message to @Torsten and let him know.

To close, I'll say again,
thank you, thank you, thank you,
to everyone who visits The Soup.

7 Likes