Windows 11

Hi Ben, I was hoping to get this to you earlier. This was taken from my post in January: My journey on the M1 - #82 by MonkeybreadSoftware

I hope this will help:

"I will look at FMPA 15 again, as it was the last MDI version and there are still a few old Windows system where the customers haven’t invested in the upgrading as yet.

After getting Windows build 21277 with the x64 emulation, the key step to succeeding with the previously failed FileMaker installation attempts was to remove all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable entries in the Apps & Features list (in Control Panels), then install the preview version of the ARM64 C++ redistributable from:
https://aka.ms/arm64previewredist and install this.

Then install FileMaker Pro 19 as standard, allowing it to also install its standard Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) 14.13.26020, so there are 2 entries in Apps & Features. We never install Bonjour, hence have not for this.

FileMaker 16 installed OK, but launching it initially resulted in ‘The application has been installed incorrectly or modified by another program Please run the installer to get a fresh copy of the application after determining the case’ but selecting ‘Modify’ for this in Apps & Features and ‘Repair’ sorted out whatever the problem was.

I’ve a few utilities I rely on as well, such as S3 Browser which is worked straight away.

At the moment, I can’t believe the speed of it compared to my previous experience of Parallels, although I tended to opt for the less powerful MacBooks and MacBook Air in the past, so perhaps it was as quick on the Intel MacBook Pros?"