Account with [Full Access] rights and no rights to edit the file

hi @pcasd, great to see you here.

As the Upload to Host tool does more than transfer the files to the host. It will verify that the user accounts have passwords prior to upload; it will set ownership and permissions correctly; I have heard that it verifies the file. Does anyone have solid knowledge?

I have seen today a post explaining what to do when one can't upload a file to the server, it reminded me what I did when I had that issue.

Remove the server from the favorites and add it back.

HTH

1 Like

The recent upload to host issue seems to be tweaked to an Apache issue. The corrective action in on a community post.

The prices for manually uploading a file is well documented in the help files right down to the permissions command line.

On the problem from the OP; you might try running a XML DDR and opening that in the Geist DamageDetector program which can point out problems in a file that don’t show elsewhere. Found a value list with a couple hidden characters at the end of one item that was causing all sorts of problems including the ability to export to XML.

I have a DB right now that a local full access account can edit but an active directory full access login does not. Same privilege set. Not got that one figured out…..yet.

That being said, it might be worth setting up a new privilege set with full access rights and trying that. Might be something in the privilege set that is hosed …. The XML would show it but deciphering the XML file is painful.

Thank you @Kirk for chiming in. Luckily I got is solved. A few restarts fixed it.
Wishing you good luck with fixing your file.

I suspect that this behaviour of FMS & FMP is due to one of those hundreds of bugs that got fixed in 19.5. Upgrading may solve it. But this requires extensive checking if the solution will run on 19.5 and if there are regressions or collisions with work-arounds. Not the way to go yet.

One of the servers that had the failed upload issue, would not resolve with the Apache fix the community post suggested; all the other ones did.

Upgraded that server to 19.5 today, and that resolved the issue. Uploads are back in business. :slight_smile: