Can we display SVG outside a web viewer?

SVG can be generated easily, making them ideal for data driven graphics. But it seems that the only way to display them is in a web viewer, which is not a lightweight solution. Is that the only option?

Buttons are able to display SVG, but the SVG needs to be loaded into the Button library in advance. It would nice to display SVG anywhere that we can insert a calculation.

1 Like

The only other thing I can think of is to convert the svg to png and display via container

but only to the limit of 128x128 px

and don't forget to upvote :slight_smile:
"Add Support For SVG Images On Layouts"
https://community.claris.com/en/s/idea/0870H000000fzD1QAI/detail

82 votes show: we are not alone with it :sunglasses:

That's increasing the load. I need something suitable for a list view that can be done relatively easily. I thought it would be informative to provide a simple pie chart that shows the amount of work done toward a goal. At present I'm using a colour code to show "started", "delayed", and "complete".

My vote is already on that feature request

1 Like

tried to do it like this:
SVGs in a buttonbar with conditional formatting and hide conditions always only showing one element

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-22 um 07.47.38

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-22 um 07.46.35

5 Likes

Great suggestion. It doesn't have to be exact, it can simply be an approximate value.

that is what I thought too, thus the clock for not yet started, the checkmark for done and the seven states in between with evaluation for the hide-condition done via the percentage of the users input... just to show a difference in progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

Over the years FileMaker has added and deprecated some graphic formats. It certainly is about time to at SVG's into the mix. They should probably also add in support for WebP as it takes off as a Google supported format.

Hi @taylorsharpe , welcome to Thesoup !

1 Like

Direct support for SVG would be great.
As a work-around, another option might be to look through Unicode to get the codes for symbols that accomplish what you want. The supported symbols in Arial are pretty extensive.

2 Likes