Just out of curiosity: did you do the set up on virtual machines or on a usual server setup? My experience is related to virtual machines, running WinServer2016 on ESX, instances were set up from scratch and patched to date before installing FMS.
Since I’m doing this for a couple of years now and this was the first FMS release I encountered issues with I got a bit nervous. Setting up FMS as a clean install on a new machine usually gets me up and running in 20 min max.
Maybe the plugins not being recognized is related to new security inhancements, I’m used to copying MBS to the servers extension folder and it shows up in the console. Had to restart twice to get it bound to/registered by FMS.
The following day the FMS had stopped. Next reboot. The files were served, could be opened by the client but no console in the local browser, tried Edge, Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and remote Safari although that is blocked by the proxy and can’t work anyway. Another reboot. Console showed up. Next day no console again. At that point I dumped testing as being to early with a .0.1 release.
The other testing environment in general showed the same behaviour. Frequent crashes of the admin console service over several days, server managebable only via CLI. I didn’t test any API things… Stopped the testing at that client too.