Drum Roll.... It is my great pleasure to introduce

the.fmsoup.org

:slightly_smiling_face:

1255357-1 CANADA Inc.

:hugs:

Not-for-profit incorporated this December 8 2020
Canada Revenue Agency business 795229145
Registration filed in Ontario and Bank Account in processing.

Next steps:
Preparing the first General Meeting for February 2021
Taking names or proposals for the election of the officers and Board members that will take place at said Meeting.

There must always be at least 1 Canadian resident among the officers.

Will be taking volunteers and propositions of candidates for the 4 offices:

President, Community Administrator, Secretary, Treasurer.

17 Likes

Well done Cecile, excellent news.

Did you imagine this when you initially threw together the proof of concept? :+1:t6: :grinning:

3 Likes

This is excellent news. Thank you Cécile! Looking forward to the GM.
Cheers
Torsten

4 Likes

What an achievement!

Well done Cecile.

4 Likes

This is great! Congratulation!

4 Likes

so cool! Thank You so much for all Your efforts!

4 Likes

Cécile,

do you need Drumsticks to roll the drums :smiley:.

3 Likes

Great work Cecile! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Echoing everyone else's cheers, praise, and thanks. Thank you Cecile! Amazing what you have done.

3 Likes

Hi Cecile,
thank you so much for taking the effort and tinker around with all the input and dicussions on the topic, great achievement
Holger

2 Likes

Thank you all. I didn’t expect that reaction from this post. I wanted you to know and rejoice at OUR soup’s milestone. I appreciate the gratitude and thank you for it.

Please don’t forget to tap yourselves on the back for the good job as well!!

I didn’t make the soup we, YOU did. Without your love and contributions, the.fmsoup.org wouldn’t be this place we cherish.

So please stop praising me! Think that the work has just begun: with formalisation comes responsibilities that some members will have to volunteer to take. Filings to do annually, financial statements... stuff that I am terrible at and hate to do profoundly. So we need volunteers for these offices.

5 Likes

Hi Cécile
yep, it's time for volunteers to show up. I must admit that I am not a finance guy, lest for stuff in accordance with Canadian law.
Which jobs do actually require knowledge of Canadian law and which do not?

2 Likes

Hi, Cécile

Thank you very much for your effort to the soup. Although I have not participated in the discussion. I have read all the comments. Thank you.

2 Likes

Late to the table with my congratulations but heartfelt all the same. Great work.

2 Likes

I don't think any of them require knowledge of Canadian law per say.

Keeping the book of minutes, chairing a general meeting are pretty standard everywhere so as long as the regulations are respected, there should not be any need to know more than that. So even as a Canadian, I would have to read the Act or at least the Regulations to learn about them. That is also the way I would figure out whether we can get tax exemption.

Both the Federal and Provincial annual filings (not the tax stuff, just the mandatory annual update about board members and any change that must be signified) takes 10 minutes each and are done online.

Where the difficulty lies, it is with the Treasurer, whom must know what he or she is doing. The person must know what making yearly financial statements mean and be able to do it or supervise a public accountant to do it. The person must make the appropriate inquiries to find out whether our not-for-profit can be considered a non-profit and be tax exempted or we have to file a tax return.
Again, for the Treasurer, I believe a general understanding of accounting and reading the guidelines should be sufficient.

1 Like

Thanks for the links. Will be this weekend‘s reading.

1 Like

Well done!

1 Like

discount

6 Likes

Cécile

You deserve the :clap:

Louis :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Moving forward, I'd suggest that we are going to have a Zoom Meeting with everyone interested in getting folks on the jobs.