today I'd like to introduce the new version of my tool Easy Runtime Sign v3 (EaRS). It's an open filemaker file that leads you through the process of codesigning and notarizing Runtimes and DMGs.
What it does:
As you might know all Runtimes, that have been created with FileMaker Pro must be codesigned – and since macOS Catalina – notarized in order to be executed on a Mac. To do so you have to run a few scripts in Terminal, each of which are rather complicated.
EaRS v3 takes you step by step through the process of running these scripts just by typing in the necessary information, such as your Developer ID, your Apple ID and so on. EaRS v3 uses your data to generate the correct scripts and hands them over to Terminal to be executed. Not more, not less.
All the scripts that are being used have been developed and kindly made available by Christian Schmitz, the developer of the MBS Plugin. Though you don't need a MBS Plugin in order to run EaRS v3, I highly recommend to buy (or at least try) the MBS Plugin from Christian (who is in no way related to me personally), for it is indeed an indispensable tool when it comes to Filemaker developing. Thank you Christian for driving the Community forward!
What you need in any case is the free BaseElements plugin to run EaRS v3!
Included in EaRS v3 you will find a short description as well as a troubleshooting section with known problems and solutions that might occur during executing the scripts.
The tool comes with no guarantee or support whatsoever. It has successfully been tested by me and others (thank you Holger Herbst) under macOS Mojave and Catalina with FileMaker Pro 16, 17 and 18.
If you have questions feel free to post them here. I will try to answer them as good as I can. But please keep in mind, that I'm not a professional when it comes to Terminal scripting. I just made using the provided scripts simpler.
• All libraries will now be codesigned automatically: A new line has been added to every Codesigning script (FMP 16, 17 and 18), that automatically signs every existing library in the runtime's extensions folder.
• The "Start script" script now deactivates the "Codesign library" menu item (no longer required).
• The Button to activate the menu item "Codesign library" in the home screen has been removed (no longer required).
• The Codesigning Script for FM 12 to 16 now uses option "-deep --force" to sign the XPCServices Content in order to avoid the error "The signature algorithm used is too weak." from Apples notarizing process.
• New additional solution for Error ""The signature algorithm used is too weak.""
• New additional solution for Error "rejected source=no usable signature"
• Script "Select DMG" now also allows ".pkg" as extention.
• New Script: "Export Entitlement"
• In order for Runtimes to be enabled to send E-Mails under macOS Catalina Runtimes must be entitled to do so.
Therefore the line
"codesign -f -vvvv --options runtime -s "Developer ID Application: Christian Schmitz Software GmbH" --entitlements /path/to/Runtime.entitlements test.app"
in the Codesigning Scripts is no longer optional.
• The FMScript "Codesign Runtime" now exports a text file named "[NameOfYourSolution].entitlements" to the desktop that is being used in the Codesigning Script to entitle the Runtime.