FileMaker Server for Linux Developer Preview now available

You have advertised your colors a long time ago.

You even suggest setting up a firewall for the very same reason (on other OSes).

I'm not sure people are looking for reason not to use a given product or feature. Yet you seem to never lack suggestions that follow your own logic.

Just make sure that in the way you make those suggestions and in how they may be perceived, there is room for other perspectives than your own.

A recent discussion thread about the DMT exhibits similar patterns in my opinion.

Some people can receive harsh comments about how they are too consistent in their tone and position. Just be careful about how you brand yourself.

My very personal take is that it is hard to take advice from someone about if I should be using a product or not, when the same person has dumped the product (your own words about FMS) a long time ago.

I know this can be sensitive, I'm trying my best to not be offensive. If I was unable to achieve this, I am sorry. I believe fmSoup has room for eveyone's voice to be carried. I just question how productive some of those exchanges are.

7 Likes