POLL: Site name

One more I like that is available would be ‘viewasforum.fm’ - LOL

2 Likes

ymmd

Fmfoundset

1 Like

Thank you Cecile for those clarifications.

I like the fact that we are getting a bit more out of the box. Let’s still work a bit. We’ll soon decide.

I like fmfoundset or extendfoundset.fm i’m still fond of fmsoup.io.

As a side note, remember that .fm tlds are 186$ per year.

2 Likes

Ouch, not necessary I’d now suggest. Money that could be better spent!

Or fmextendfoundset.xxx or extendfmfoundset.xxx - all 3 work at a few levels (edited including Cecile’s original), equally fmsoup is growing on me along with fmcasserole, fmstirfry, fmsponge, but definitely not fmtoast!

I love soup also, I keep my fingers crossed we pull the trigger on that one.

2 Likes

Per .fm - Wikipedia :

.fm is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the Federated States of Micronesia, an independent island nation located in the Pacific Ocean.

It is also used for FM radio stations. IMHO this extension is not intended for FileMaker.

Yeah, fmsoup sounds definitely nice!

1 Like

OK. Let’s go with fmsoup.

tlds:

io is 79$ per year
org is 8.99

the others vary between 4.99 an 60$
.blue
.zone
.cc

?

3 Likes

Ok for fmsoup.org

3 Likes

I am sure that Claris will not allow the use of their brandmark. Grandfather rights may be left untouched, but new creations will be challenged. That already happened.

Perhaps it depends on how it’s being used and represented.

You may be right. I would leave the decision with Cécile since she is the legal representative of our community.

clarisdiction. clarifornication clarisi.city
Clarisk.it aristalk.cl informal.yt
fmformerly.be fmvintage.club fmtermin.al

I would not use Claris in our name as it would infringe their trademark permitted use

1 Like

Final poll.

0 voters

Do we have a name for the baby?

Yep.

the.fmsoup.org should be the new address in a few

1 Like

Why is there a period between the and fmsoup ? In this case fmsoup is the domain and the is a sub domain which costs more. My guess is that thefmsoup.org would be cheaper.

Will there be a redirection from the old address to the new one ?