Upcoming Members General Meeting -- POLL

I will attend the meeting.

Can you please send me a short intro, the position you are interested in and why you think you'd be a good fit for it. I will use it to introduce your candidacy.

UPDATE on the candidacies

Roles:

• President: Lead, Bring vision

• Community administrator: is in charge of the moderators, proposing procedures to deal with potential issues, de-escalate situations, make improvements the site to serve better the community.

• Secretary: is in charge of communications with members, conformity, insuring that FAQ, Terms and Privacy pages are up to date, take minutes, etc.

• Treasurer: Annual Declaration, Accounting, Manages Bank Accounts, Paypal account, TransferWise account, Fundraise, Receive donations, Balance Statement, pay bills

Candidates in no particular order:

Gilles Plante
Torsten Bernhard
Bill Hagara
Benedick Miller
Malcolm Fitzgerald
Ronnie Samuel

Once I have all candidates' introduction, I will post how we will proceed for the elections.

one candidate missing? Cecile...

I suggest Cecile for president.

4 Likes

Cecile for president.

4 Likes

Oh! I am not in the running. There could be a conflict of interest if future business plans materialize.
I will remain involved as a moderator, advisor, site configurator help, founder, whatever the Board of Directors will need :slight_smile:

@FileKraft @Markus Thank you for your trust!

3 Likes

Yes, you may name a proxy :slight_smile:

Candidates

Malcolm Fitzgerald - New Zealand

I am applying for the role of Community Administrator.

I've been working with community and arts sector organisations in Australia and New Zealand for twenty five years. I was a director (board member) of the Rhubarb Food Co-op (Sydney, Aust) for five years and was Chair for one year.

I have used bulletin boards and community forums since dial-up modems so I have plenty of chat/forum experience -- I'm sure we all do. I feel also I have the human-focussed skills that are necessary to read the room and to manage the flow of conversation when required. And, of course, I'm becoming more familiar with the suite of tools that Discourse provides to assist admin/moderators.

Malcolm was the very first member to join the soup, the day it was launched! He has been the fountain of confidence behind my audacity, and a lighthouse in this journey.

Mantra: Finding the simplest path

Malcolm joined the soup May 29, '19, Read 2d (6354 Posts Read), visited 304 days

Likes Given / Received : 257 / 430

Gilles Plante - Québec City, QC, Canada

I am applying for the role of Treasurer

On top of my activities in Embedded Systems and Software development, I am also an accountant, not a professional though. For 20 years I have been Secretary Treasurer for a consulting company. I was doing the bookkeeping and also prepared the visit of the auditors for year end work. A professional accountant with the auditors thought me about accounting. That's why I have a very good knowledge of accounting. I still do bookkeeping for my own free lancer company.

Mantra: Do it better and better

Gilles joined the soup May 30, '19, Read 4d (7690 Posts Read), visited 605 days. He got the Devotee Badge for 365 consecutive days visited.

Likes Given / Received : 45 / 268

Bill Hagara - Alma, Wisconsin, USA

I am applying for the role of Treasurer or Community Administrator

FM dev since the 80s and more than a little familiar with a spreadsheet. I'll volunteer to do what needs doing - starting with being at the meeting and voting.

I run a growing FM / Web development group here, but time management is a requirement of my life and if this becomes part of my responsibilities then it will be prioritized appropriately.

I have run a community before and found that a good bit of that was knowing who to call when some bit of technology wasn't working and how to deputize members of the community to manage the postings when it got rowdy.

Mantra: We love to help!

Bill joined the soup Jun 12, '20, Read 3h (318 Posts Read), visited 16 days

Likes Given / Received : 0 / 13

Torsten Bernhard - Switzerland

I am applying for the role of Secretary or President

Managing Director @ Cardinality Design & Management GmbH, Torsten has a diploma in Chemistry, speaks English, French and German. His experience covers aeronautics industry as sales engineer, project manager, solution engineer, database manager; financial services as solution engineer, database management, IT support. He has been working with FileMaker since v 10. He chose FM as development platform for its versatility and quality of RAD. He appreciates sharing knowledge and experience with fellow FileMaker developers, especially here @ the.fmsoup.org.

Torsten joined the soup Jun 24, '19, Read 5d (8540 Posts Read), visited 584 days

Likes Given / Received : 1048 / 513

Ronnie Samuel

I am applying for the role of flexible

Technology Developer and Consultant Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer with a Passion for Health Information Technology, Medical Engineering, eHealth, Collaborative Cloud Applications and Blockchain Development. Passionate about the use of technology in educating and assisting others towards achieving a more efficient, productive lifestyle. Creating leaders, one person at a time!

The objective is to be of meaningful assistance and to play a small part in enabling others to become successful, efficient and productive in their own right; to collaborate with colleagues and associates desirous of helping to provide solutions to problems.

Mantra: Making Technology Accessible by providing Solutions World Wide!

Ronnie joined the soup Oct, ’20 Read 21 (36), visited 6 days

There is still time to submit your candidacy for any of the roles.

Please note that nobody has applied for the President role yet.

I would like to see you as president. If you like to serve, we should talk about your concerns regarding conflict of interest. You can also step down in the future when conflicts get in your way. I‘m sure that transparency in all aspects will be granted.

1 Like

Benjamin, I do appreciate your trust. I prefer to sit this one out. I love the soup and have zero regrets for all the time I invested in it. I want others to take the reins and responsibilities. No worries, momma will continue to find ways to nurture the community and to admonish the naughties :slightly_smiling_face: .

3 Likes

Hi CĂ©cile,
I am also applying for the role of President.

4 Likes

It‘s just my understanding that you represent best the interest and the spirit of the soup. Take this also as a vote for consistency.

2 Likes

What is the saying "If you love something set it free" I agree with Cecile it's time for others to take over she's done enough and for this forum to truly be successful others now need to step up and carry the torch I am sure she will always be watching over things like a proud mama :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t do this alone. I have a group of 8 people I consult with to make decisions that can impact the community. Think of it as a circle of elders. Remember also that since the beginning, I have always involved the community trough polls and conversations. I will be here and make myself available to the board. Think also that in life, what doesn’t grow begins to die. I am not taking about growth in size. At this time I am content with the statu quo and do not feel drawn to take any particular action. A new leader will see where lies potential for growth and have new ideas.

This is a very new way for me. Not that long ago, I would have enjoyed the adulation and control. I for the first time of my life don’t feel the need to grab onto power and “fame”. It’s a new maturity for me and I want to explore it. I am looking forward to tasting the soup a la whom ever will lead. And yes, if you love someone set them free: I feel i can and must do that.

4 Likes

I am a newbie to FileMaker but enjoy this community.... if you need a volunteer for anything let me know .... but remember I am a newbie ......

Glad to help. ......
Tim B.

private info removed by admin

http://linkedin.com/in/tgbolwerk

9 Likes

Hi all

What’s the format/media for tomorrow’s AGM?

Thanks
Andy

Still trying apps. Will post all tech info tonight.

1 Like

I have a Zoom account we could use. Just let me know.

1 Like

You can register to get a direct link to the meeting. Click on the link below:

When: Feb 17, 2021 15:00 Eastern Time (US and Canada)

If you are uncomfortable about registering send me a private message to get a link.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with a direct link to join the meeting.

Note that you can bypass the app and join through web browser only. However, for the best experience, follow the instructions to download the app and then take a moment to check that your audio and video are working so that you do not experience technical difficulties tomorrow.

For those who do not have a webcam or do not wish to be on video, you may upload your picture or avatar if you have a zoom account.

If you have any issue or difficulty do not hesitate to post in the Upcoming Members General Meeting – POLL. thread or to message me directly.
See you then!