Baby name brainstorm

Both of these options appear to be available:
devtalk.fm
devexchange.fm
comm.fm (‘comm’ as in community)

But the .fm names appear to be much more expensive per year than .com.

I like fmxchange.com

fm.club appears to be available

I like that actually.

Here are some more ideas:

1. devs.fm
  2. fmdevs.online
  3. fmchat.org
  4. wip.fm (Workplace Innovation Platform)

Yes fm.club is quite good, a club is not restrictive in any way, devcom.fm is appesling, but according to Wikipedia:

.fm is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the Federated States of Micronesia, an independent island nation located in the Pacific Ocean

Quite different than what we expect :thinking:.

That being said fmclub.com (or fmclub.ca) would be good, in my opinion, also.

I see two caveats to having the word club in the community name, especially in conjunction with the letters fm:

• all that will pop up in researches will be radio stations
  • club has bad connotations for many people: some clubs are very restrictive by nature or reminds of cliques that can be quite elitists or snobs, not at all an impression we wish to create.

I find it is important for our name to be more than a subject matter, that it carries some sort of feel good to it or at least be something that can be “appropriated” by the members (hence the my. I used in the current url)

1 Like

something with fmdev, fmdbtalk

‘fm’ without ‘dev’ or something similar sounds more like a forum for radio-stations, ‘club’ is somewhat misleading IMHO

my 2 cents for fmdevtalk

«club» doesn’t sound very professional …
my 2¢
Louis

fmwith.us

.er
.global
.channel
.us
.community
.group
.liaison
.land
.like
.link
.nc
.my

fmdiscoursions.whatever :wink:

I would be happy with any non-political ending (-:

1 Like

aboutfm.dev

fmdeveloper.group sounds nice.

We may need to come to terms with the name finding. Should I pull together a list for polling?

I see that more fellow developers join the community. That’s great! There was an idea to create an association for running the forum. I think that this a good approach.

We also need to secure funding. Does anyone have experience with crowd funding?

These are also good candidates for the tag list.

We need to advance the naming topic.

fmdevtalk.com’ was brought forward.

It has the ‘fm’, the ‘dev’ and the ‘talk’ -> FM developers talk about a broad range of topics related to development work on the FM platform.

This appears to be a good choice.

1 Like

This one explains itself, which I like.

None of the choices we’ve come up with has given me the warm fuzzies I hoped for.
Therefore, if I must rely on pure criteria or logic, I concur that fmdevtalk is a reasonably good option.

In terms of tld, i think we should stick to one of the following:
.net
.org
.space
.live
.online
I prefer net

+1 _______

seems to be ok for me - the disadvantage with ‘fm’ is that it could be misinterpreted as ‘radio-talk’