FileMaker 19.5.3 and FileMaker 19.5.3 now available

Claris just released updated FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Server.

Claris FileMaker Server 19.5.3 and Claris FileMaker Pro 19.5.3 now available.

4 Likes

Here we go again. I’ve tried to use the FileMaker Pro Windows updater and get this on 2 test PCs I’ve tried. The update is not being seen by the in app updater as yet.

Updating is not for the faint-hearted :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Updating is not for the faint-hearted

Hence only on development or test devices​:+1::smiley:

HTB!

FMS--The download server must have a very slow modem attached!

I'm getting about 300 KB/s!

EEK!

(Unlike with every other product I update, i just always have to hold my breath to see if the update works or breaks something else ....)

Agreed, we were downloading from one of our cloud servers that has serious bandwidth and it crawled at 06:00 this morning.

We always download all the installers and updates within the cloud, then transfer to our AWS S3 servers, which download very fast.

1 Like

Installers that fail, servers with small throughput . . . Claris as usual. It is recommended to download the updater using the link provided in the email received form Claris.

What email? LOL

Also, FileMaker itself was clueless that it had an update.

If it weren't for your posting, I wouldn't have known anything about any update.

Thanks for posting that update info! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am talking about the email you get from Claris when you buy or renew a plan: you get your license number(s) as well as download links for FMS and FMP.

I'm taking the opposite view. Big servers, with plenty of bandwidth, being overwhelmed by the demand for downloads. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Even with big iron in the barn (I remember them being experts in barn business :tractor: ), without booking sufficient bandwidth at Akamai or another CDN, downloads will be :snail: in many places.

reminds me of waiting for snail-mail arriving with new sets of floppy-disks with update installers :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yep, that sounds like an improvement!

Can we order floppy disks instead?

We download around 06:00 BST or GMT, I can’t believe this is a high demand time taking various timezones into account.

1 Like

Here yesterday 12:10 CEST FMP took just seconds to download, server about 5 minutes.
Installation without any problems. Everything done on two servers and three clients within a quarter of an hour.

FMP-Updater did not yet know the update. I got it via the before mentioned email-link.

It is normal that not every machine gets the update info immediately. Apple also distributes their updates over time. This is how they want to avoid download peaks.

Has anyone managed to run the Windows FMP stand alone updater yet? It has failed on every PC we’ve tried.