I’ve always perceived the soup as “genderless”. Yet, I can count on one hand the posts authored by my fellow ladies.
I have seen several registered (as far as I can guess from nicknames or email addresses). Many have read a few posts then stopped visiting; others have deactivated the email digest.
I guess the latter won’t see this post…
Is there something we do or don’t do that is at cause here?
Please pm me if you don’t want to respond publicly.
Research about power and group interaction has shown that in groups women tend to defer to men even if they outrank them. Still…
If there’s anything that would make you more likely or comfortable to participate in conversations please let us know.
- I identify to female gender
- I identify to non female gender
- I visit anonymously (forget to log in or purposely)
- I don’t have time to write long posts
- I don’t like to hang out in forums
- I am shy
- I only visit when I seek information
- I like to keep to myself
- My questions are too basic
- I don’t feel welcome
- I prefer to stick with the vendor community
- I don’t (didn’t) like the negativity
- I don’t feel safe
- I prefer associating with other FileMaker women
- I have another FileMaker group I prefer
- I am concerned about the perception my colleagues or employer will have if they see my posts here
- Other (please specify here or to me directly in pm)