This post is a now wiki. Please edit if you have more accurate info.
You know, there are those settings that stick once the file is hosted and if we want to change those, we need to take the file down, change what needs to be changed and have the server host it again. Nothing that can be fixed by doing something in the opening script. (some of them you can change manually for the duration of your session, but that's what I'm trying to avoid).
So I'm just trying to list those to know what I should re-visit before uploading a file to the server.
Here is what I can come up with, without putting too much effort into this. Thanks for any updates you may share.
- Regional settings (clone & open with correct settings if those need to change)
- User network access +
whether to display the file or not on the host(user network access can actually be modified, as long as you have at least one user with sufficient privileges. Thanks to @tonywhitelive for sharing this )
- Minimum version allowed to open the file (prior to fms19, thanks to @skywillmott for his comment )
default login Allowing Keychain Access to save passwords
- File Icon
- Layout ruler unit
- Showing the ruler or not in layout mode
- Layout grid dimensions
- Layout grid visible status
- Layout snap to grid status
- Layout guides
- Encryption at rest
- Table & fields sort order (Thanks @tonywhitelive)
- As-you-type spell-checker (see @Torsten's comment )
- Default Line, Fill and font face, size, color, etc.
Also, here are some questions I have:
- Can someone confirm if 'Require full access privileges to use references to this file' can be changed when the file is hosted? Thank you @Malcolm & @Torsten for confirming this can be changed on a hosted file
- Anyone knows what controls what has a tick mark by default for what is listed under the 'View → Show' menu? @tonywhitelive answered here.
- Same question about the customization of the Status Area Toolbar?